Is the thought of staying home for two, four or even six weeks already got you sprinting out of the door?
I’m not gonna lie, I’ve been enjoying this isolation. I’m a home body at heart & have social anxiety so almost nothing has changed in my everyday life. I have however, been way more productive. You can be productive or even have fun in the midst of a pandemic. Here’s how to waste all that spare time you have on your hands.
What to do when stuck at home:
- Create A Vision Board
- Make A Bullet Journal or New Bullet Journal Layout
- Draw or Paint on your Computer, iPad or phone
- Create a New TikTok & Follow The New Dance Trends (You may get popular)
- Change your bedroom decor
- Follow A Bob Ross Tutorial
- Play around with makeup & different looks
- Play around with natural hairstyles you’ve seen on Instagram or Pinterest
- Reorganize your Instagram layout & theme
- Grow A Indoor Kitchen Garden
- Host a Netflix Party with FaceTime or the app house party
- Have an at-home photoshoot (Find the most creative ways & places in your home to take pictures)
- Get into a new tv or movie genre (K-dramas, Christmas movies, etc..)
- Watch “They’re so bad, they’re good” movies
- Watch a new YouTuber
- Watch your favorite childhood movie or show
- Binge a trashy reality tv show (always fun)
- Blast some music and dance like there’s no tomorrow (When the world is at war, just keep dancing)
- Explore new passions
- Learn a new language
- Try out some new recipes
- Think of work at home jobs you can do
- Try to become zero-waste & use less plastic
- Upcycle old candle jars or glass bottles
- Connect with your friends on discord & play games with them
- Make alcohol popsicles
- Attempt some fun nail art
- Color-code your books and/or wardrobe
- Start A YouTube Channel
There are tons of things you can do when you’re bored. So, don’t think you have a limited amount of ways to fill up your day. I just wanted to list some of the best ways or some that not everyone would think about. I’ve been using this time to self-reflect and productive. I think this made me realize just how precious life is, how I should do my part to help the earth and use this time wisely to fulfill my dreams.
I know this post is shorter than my usual, but I hope you enjoyed nonetheless. I want you guys to stay safe out there, and have fun… even if the world is at it’s end (not really). Anyway, please take the time to actually self isolate. Please don’t put the elderly or immunocompromised people, like myself, in danger. The sooner we all self isolate, the quicker this will be over with.
I know that the spread of COVID-19 is terrifying but make some time for some self-care. Treat yo self with these self-care ideas.